Gas prices continue to surge, which is causing people to consider alternatives. Considering the potential tax credits, savings in gas, and fewer parts to maintain, EVs are becoming more attractive than ever. What about Kia? Does Kia sell a lot of electric vehicles? Find out all about it next.
Kia Announces Rapid Growth in Sales of EVs
Between EVs and hybrid vehicles, Kia sold nearly sixty thousand models in the month of May. This amazing figure is up over 28% from the previous year. Kia’s sales of all-electric vehicles is up 132% over last year’s May sales.
This astounding and encouraging news results in wider adoption of EVs nationwide, which will continue to increase over time. Increased adoption comes with better infrastructure to support EVs, and more manufacturers producing EV models. Kia does, in fact, sell a lot of electric vehicles (EVs).
Another piece of the puzzle is the continued increase in the quality of these new EVs. According to Kia USA, these awards have been received:
- The 2022 Kia EV6 named Best Electric Vehicle by U.S. News & World Report
- The 2022 Kia Carnival MPV was named “Family Vehicle of the Year” in the 2022 Top Ten Vehicles for Hispanic Car Buyers ranking by Hispanic Motor Press
The Kia Niro EV also recently earned top ratings in quality from Consumer Reports Magazine. For the second year in a row, Niro EV ranked #1 among mass-market brands in the J.D. Power Electric Vehicle Ownership Study. It has garnered attention for its excellent range, as well as its price point.
Some features of the Kia Niro EV also include:
- 201 Horsepower 291 lb.-ft. of torque Electric Drive Motor
- DC Fast Charging capability
- Voice-Command Navigation System w/10.25-inch Touchscreen Display
- Harmon Kardon® Premium Audio
If you want to know even more about the Kia Niro EV, please follow the link below.
Learn More: The Kia Niro EV In Depth]